Pakistan’s Revised Visa Policy
In a bid to promote tourism in Pakistan, Government of Pakistan has announced a revised visa policy. Under the new revised scheme, e-visas have been announced for 175 countries and on-arrival visas for 50 countries.
Here are some of the highlights of the new visa policy:
• After the approval of the board of investment, the business visas will be approved in 7-10 days for the nationals of 96 countries. Previously only 68 nationals were eligible.
• The duration of student visa has extended from one year to 2 years from one year. Moreover, the duration of diplomatic has been extended from one year to 3 years.
• The processing of the journalist visas will be done by the information ministry. The government has lifted the restriction of visiting only the three cities.
• They foreign nationals have been barred from the requirement of NOC s for visiting open cantonment areas, Azad Jammu and Kashmir, and Gilgit Baltistan.
• The tourist operators approved by International Air Transportation Authority are allowed to bring tourists groups to Pakistan.
Government is introducing a "New Visa Policy" to encourage tourism in the country. Here are some of the highlights of this new Visa Policy. #VisitPakistan #NewVisaPolicy #BeautifulPakistan pic.twitter.com/9l3q4GIJVA
— Govt of Pakistan (@pid_gov) January 25, 2019
Some Other provisions announced:
• Family visit: 5 years multiple entry visa in 7-10 working days
• Pak Missions to grant 5 years validity and one year stay (multiple) entry visa to foreigners of Pakistani origin and their spouses
• Tablighi visa: 45 days
• Missionary visa: 1 year
• House Aide visa
However, the people from Israel and India cannot avail these facilities.
- What is FATF? Why is Pakistan on FATF “Grey List”? - November 5, 2021
- Pakistan’s Revised Visa Policy - January 27, 2019
- Judicial Activism: Definition, Pros and Cons - January 22, 2019