National Epilepsy Day 2023:Common Signs And Symptoms
World observes National Epilepsy Day on November 17 of each year to increase public awareness of the ailment. Epilepsy is a chronic brain disease characterised by recurrent “fits” or “seizures.” Seizures are caused by abrupt, uncontrollable electrical currents in the neurons. Concerns and problems vary among age groups, and the illness can affect anyone at any time.
According to estimates from the World Health Organisation (WHO), 80 percent of the world’s 50 million epileptics live in underdeveloped countries. Despite the fact that epilepsy is treatable, in developing countries seventy-four percent of persons affected do not receive the appropriate care. In India, over 10 million people suffer from epilepsy-related seizures.
To increase public awareness of epilepsy, people mark National Epilepsy Day. In 2023, National Epilepsy Day will be observed by a number of governmental and non-governmental groups to increase public awareness of the causes and symptoms of epilepsy.
What is Epilepsy?
What are the Common Symptoms?
- Impact of Seizures on Brain Processes:
- Seizures can disrupt any brain-coordinated process.
- Epilepsy is brought on by aberrant brain activity.
- Seizure Warning Signs and Symptoms:
- Temporary disorientation.
- Periods of staring.
- Rigid muscles.
- Uncoordinated jerking arm and leg movements.
- Mental experiences such as absence of awareness or consciousness.
- Psychological signs like worry and terror.
- Variability in Symptoms:
- The specific symptoms depend on the type of seizures.
- Symptoms are consistent from episode to episode.
- Individuals with epilepsy tend to experience the same type of seizure every time.
- Categorization of Seizures:
- Doctors categorize seizures based on how and where aberrant brain activity starts.
- Seizures are typically categorized as either focal or generalized.
Disclaimer: This content is for information purpose only. Always consult a specialist or doctor in this regard.
- National Epilepsy Day 2023:Common Signs And Symptoms - November 17, 2023
- Top 10 Cosmetic Packaging Designers in the USA - April 12, 2023
- Luxury Website Designers: The Ultimate Guide to Creating a High-End Website - April 10, 2023